Sunday, December 7, 2008

WKRP Promo


Every once in awhile I see these promos for the show but usually they are for cities other then Cincinnati. In this case they got local Cincinnati weatherman Pat Berry to advertise the show in...Chicago? Living in the Cincinnati, Ohio viewing area it seems to me that after the show left the network airwaves WKRP was treated badly. I don't recall it ever being shown in reruns on the local stations. Even when the syndicated New WKRP aired they didn't give it a prime spot like 7pm. No that went to game shows. The New WKRP in Cincinnati was shown at MIDNIGHT!!! Since the 1970's WKRP has rarely been seen in Cincinnati. Yet when one of the stars from the show make an appearance in the area they publicize it a lot and treat them like royalty. Go Figure!
Even when the now out of print book, America's Favorite Radio Station: WKRP in Cincinnati by Michael B. Kassel, was published I couldn't find it in local bookstores. I had to go to the internet and have it mailed to me. This show was one of the best promotions this area of the country ever had and it is being treated poorly by us. Shame on you Cincinnati.

No comments: